- Open FileZilla
- Enter the address of the server in the field Host, located in the Quickconnect bar.
– (make sure to enter sftp://servername to connect securely via SFTP). For example, if your server is mywebsite.com you would enter sftp://mywebsite.com.
- Enter your username
– (keep it lowercase)
- Enter your password
– (the one you were provided or in your Control Panel)
- Enter the port number.
– (port 22 for SFTP)
- Click on Quickconnect or press Enter to connect to the server.
- Click OK when you get a warning about an unknown host key.
Note: Remember to replace the examples with your own domain.